UPDATES & INFO
At Box N Burn Safety Comes First:
Our commitment is to keep the community Safe, Healthy and Fighting Fit.
Our community is our family and family takes care of each other. So as we set new safety measures in place, we are going above and beyond the guidelines.
This is just a start to our new plan of action; as the rules and regulations are changing we will be updating as well. We’ll be constantly fine-tuning and updating this page with the latest information.
We have always prioritized the cleanliness of our gyms and are now taking it to an even higher level.
We are no longer requiring masks or face coverings for vaccinated members. We are going by the honor code, so if you are not vaccinated we politely ask you to still wear a mask.
Top-grade disinfectant & more frequent cleaning.
Staff will use disinfectant proven to kill COVID-19 in all areas of the gym throughout the day. With heightened attention to weights, Heavy bags, and all high-touch surfaces after every session. We’ll also be cleaning the gyms from top to bottom every day, night and in between.
After every session we will disinfect door handles, weights, sanitizing stations, bathrooms,front desk, and instructor equipment. Basically everything that is being touched.
All Heavy Bags Disinfected
After each bag has been punched we will thoroughly disinfect them keeping everything super clean for you in your session.
All Weights Disinfected
After each use, all weights will be disinfected and cleaned, even the heavyweights that you probably can’t lift 🙂
As we get the green light from local government officials, we’ll be posting opening dates for both gyms
Appointment reservations only. Booking for classes will be in advance and we will longer be taking walk-ins at this time.
We ask that you show up no earlier than 5 min for class or PT sessions
We ask that you please don’t enter the gym until 5 min before
New LIability Waiver and Health Declaration
We have introduced a new liability waiver that will need to be completed before you come back to the gym. You can access this through your MINDBody login or the Box N Burn app before reserving a class.
Barcode Scan Check In
We have now got our Box N Burn app updated so you can check in without having to touch anything other than your phone. You will be able to pull up a barcode which we will scan! No more paper sign ins for open gym, private training, outside trainers ect.
Cash Is King….Not any more 🙁
Non Contact Transactions now available. This is simpler than ever! Just make sure your credit card is updated, prior to your visit. You can also update your cc information on our BNB app. We will no longer be taking cash or checks.
New Class Structure
You will now have your very own 12ft x 12ft training zone for the full class! In your zone is a heavy bag and lots of clean equipment that you will need through your class. You will alternate between bag work and strength training/conditioning for the full 45 min and have some core work in the end like normal. We have removed the Mitt work (for now) but we guarantee this class will still be quality, high energy and a lot of fun. If you have ever taken our popular “Lunch Box” class in Santa Monica, it will be very similar to this.
Rental gloves are back! We have always disinfected all rental gloves after each use, and will continue to do so. Rental gloves are $4 a use.
- We’ve got plenty of hand sanitizer, we ask everyone that comes into the gym uses it when entering, and frequently throughout your time here.
- Our sanitizer solution is 70% ethyl alcohol which smells amazing so you won’t smell like a shot of vodka, this is above the CDC’s guidelines of 60% with added aloe. We will also be putting in new touchless stations throughout the gym.
- Try to only bring in the items you need as our cubby and lockers won’t be available at this time.
- Trainers will no longer be wrapping hands. Feel free to watch our BNB youtube video on how to wrap your own hands or you can purchase our slip-on wraps to make it even easier for you to wrap yourself.
- No fist pumps or high fives :(. Honestly I can’t believe I’m writing this, but this is what it has come to. Our community is the most important thing to us and we all love hugging and giving high fives but we ask to limit the person-to-person contact as much as possible.
- If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19, we trust you wouldn’t, but please do not come to the gym until you’re symptom-free and fever-free for three days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 , or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the gym for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
WHAT MAKES BOX 'N BURN THE BEST GYM
You won’t get this by training alone, at home or at other gyms. A support system is hard to have when you’re on your own. ”If you want to go fast, go alone...if you want to go far, go together”. BNB is built around community first which is pivotal in setting fitness & self-improvement goals. Without a community of people behind you, you’re much less likely to achieve success.
Driven through our community-first approach that you won’t find with at home programs, big-box gyms, or even other boutique gyms - working out with people you enjoy and have fun with will keep you coming back. Fitness goals without accountability & support from a team are a lost cause. At BNB, a team of both trainers and members will hold you accountable and motivate you to keep pushing.
Other gyms have trainers who just don’t really care about you and your progress. They don’t care if you’re improving. That can be incredibly disheartening, which leads to fast burnout and failed attempts to reach your goals. With our trainers, they’re going to see to it that you’re improving & care that you aren’t just burning calories, but having fun and tackling your boxing & fitness goals. In a lot of boxing fitness gyms today, you’re working with entertainers, not trainers. Although entertainers may be fun to be around, they aren’t going to be as genuine in their approach to help you reach your goals.
So many fitness programs out there lack originality, variability, & quickly become boring or repetitive. We have members who have been coming to us for 8+ years because they find the classes fun, engaging & rewarding. A lot of this has to do with the fact that with boxing you’re always learning. Our trainers have the knowledge and experience to continuously challenge you to learn, develop skills, and understand the sweet science.
Every class is carefully programmed and well thought out by the Box’ N Burns Co-owners Olympic medallist Tony Jeffries & Boxing fitness industry leader Kevan Watson. Our workouts are not only challenging, but they also flow seamlessly due to the programming of the workouts. While our classes will certainly push you to your limits, they will do so in a way that is designed to maximize your calorie burn but also have your body & mind's best interest.
- Fun & engaging
- Highly rewarding and empowering
- Maximum calorie burn
- Full body
- Mentally stimulating and cerebral
- Low impact on the lower body which most of the population has issues with